June is Stress and Heat Awareness Month
Things to remember when it gets hot:
1. Don't let your pet linger on hot surfaces like asphalt and cement. It could cause them to overheat.
2. Giving your pet a lightweight haircut can help with overheating, but make sure to not cut it to short to protect them from getting sunburned.
3. Make sure your pet always has fresh water and shade.
4. Exercise your pet in the cooler part of the day to prevent overheating.
5. If your pet likes water let them get wet. Going for a swim or playing in the sprinklers can help cool them off.
6. Never leave your pet in a parked car, even if it is in the shade. Pets can overheat in cars very fast.
More info on heat awareness: https://www.avma.org/public/Pe...
Getting prepared for the stress that comes with 4th of July: https://www.avma.org/public/Pe...
If your pet is prone to getting stressed with thunderstorms or fireworks call us today and ask about what you can do to help them relax.
Feliway is a synthetic copy of the natural feline facial pheromone proven to help reduce or prevent feline stress and the associated behavioral or medical problems.
Adaptil is a dog appeasing pheromone that relieves stress-related behavior to help calm and reassure dogs of all ages during times of stress.
Click on these links for our online pharmacies to order products: